- Discontinuous, areas can be added or removed w/o disruption to the rest of the world
- Mix of static, persistent content and dynamically created areas created from a mix of hand built segments and machine generated material.
- Multi-tiered layout:
- Overworld serves as a hub for player mechanics and travel
- Dreamworld provides the primary adventure areas and housing
- Underworld is home to the central antagonist and core fictional elements
- Goal: Players are active participants. Combat is reactionary with strategic elements
- Works around an advantage/disadvantage system where players try to create and exploit openings in the opponent's defenses.
- Combat remains fast paced for most fights and is resolved quickly
- Boss/Mini boss fights as well as pvp take greater care and planning and will take longer to resolve.
- Most fights will involve the player facing 1, 2 or 3 enemies at once.
- Resource Gathering
- Resources will not be placed as scattered nodes
- Crafting will advance through training which is purchased from PC's/NPC's
- A single recipe will state only the general type of material needed
- Many materials will be available to satisfy recipe requirements
- Outcome will vary depending on materials selected
- Common resources will be gathered in large quantities from single nodes in logical locations
- Metals, Stone, Gems will be found in Mountainous or Rocky Terrain
- Hides, Wool, Food items will be gathered/raised/grown on farms
- Lumber will be gathered and milled from camps in forested areas
- Rare materials, essential for exceptional items, gathered from adventure content
- Boss loot will contain rare materials
- Rare materials may be acquired as quest rewards
- Treasure found in creature lairs or hidden chests may contain rare materials
page revision: 0, last edited: 25 Jun 2007 18:44